Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundflower wont install on High Sierra

So, Before I upgraded to High Sierra, I could install soundflower fine. But now that I have it, It keeps displaying that the installation failed when I did nothing wrong. User uploaded fileSo I looked it up and the tutorials say to open system preferences and click allow on the software that's trying to open. I did that but the button just stayed there like I didn't press it. Is there a way to get past this because It's very annoying. I appreciate any answer. Do I have to take my Mac to Apple? Does High Sierra not support soundflower? Is this happening just to my Mac? Do I have to wait for another system update?

Thanks,

Cricketbat02

Posted on May 18, 2018 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2018 4:15 PM

There is something wrong with the button on that prefpane that doesn't seem to recognize clicks.

In Keyboard System Prefs, turn on Full Keyboard access. Go to Security & Privacy and use the tab key to highlight the Allow button. Hit the spacebar to activate the button.

4 replies

May 19, 2018 4:13 PM in response to Cricketbat02

I have installed soundflower in HS, and it works.

Waiting for an OS update isn’t likely to work.

Soundflower hasn’t been updated in a while and the writing is on the wall; at some point it will cease to work.

I remember there being more than one version online so make sure the one you got is the latest, offered by the original developer Matt Ingalls aftrer he got it back from some company that had abandoned it.

Soundflower wont install on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.