Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail opens slowly

I have configured my apple mail application with a web mail account , from last two days when I click on apple mail application icon it takes 10 to 20 seconds to open .

I am able to receive and send mail , tried safe mode , rebuild , reindexing of hard drive doesn't helped , also there are no antivirus , any software or unidentified apps ( except malwarebytes ) in my Mac .

So , is there any way that my mail application should work normally without deleting the complete mail account from system presences - internet accounts and then again configuring it .

The Mac is of latest version Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.4 with all updates .

Any suggestions and help will be appreciated .

macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 19, 2018 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2018 3:34 AM

So , is there any way that my mail application should work normally without deleting the complete mail account from system presences - internet accounts and then again configuring it .

Assuming you followed the instructions in the Discussion you recently replied to, that would be the next logical step. It's justified. Unless there is something unusual about the way you configured Mail to handle that account, no particular configuration is required.

Think of the way iOS does it: macOS Mail's "Rebuild" option doesn't exist, leaving no options other than temporarily disabling that Mail account. If that doesn't work the next step is to delete the problematic account and then add it again. Those two steps are described in detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

The problem could be related to Gmail (if that's what you use), or Malwarebytes. I don't use either one. Temporarily deleting one or both is the correct way to begin determining what's wrong.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2018 3:34 AM in response to tygb

Assuming you followed the instructions in the Discussion you recently replied to, that would be the next logical step. It's justified. Unless there is something unusual about the way you configured Mail to handle that account, no particular configuration is required.

Think of the way iOS does it: macOS Mail's "Rebuild" option doesn't exist, leaving no options other than temporarily disabling that Mail account. If that doesn't work the next step is to delete the problematic account and then add it again. Those two steps are described in detail here: Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

The problem could be related to Gmail (if that's what you use), or Malwarebytes. I don't use either one. Temporarily deleting one or both is the correct way to begin determining what's wrong.

May 21, 2018 3:34 AM in response to John Galt

Yes I answered previously in fact it was a real problem in my Mac the application was fine the method I suggested worked , it was slight glitch .

Thanks ! for answering me and always guiding us .

mail opens slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.