Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete my account just to empty my 5Gb free storage, then I want to set up my same I’d and account to start using the new 5 Gb free space.

I want to delete all the photos in my free 5Gb icloud storage space and start over. this will stop the incessant Apple reminder several time a day that my icloud is Full. I knew that the first time I was advised about ten years ago.

But I am pestered constantly....simple just let me backup my photos and empty the free 5Gb space so I can start over keeping my same ID and account. Can I do this? If I use your method to delete my account can I sign in with same ID name and email as when I first set up the apple account, like just starting out as new user again. ?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1, I have severa devices with same ID

Posted on May 24, 2018 10:17 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2018 8:36 AM in response to garyfromgranite bay

You do not want to delete your account as you will lose access to all prior purchases associated with your Apple ID. If your e-mail address was associated with the ID in any way, for example as a Reachable at or Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. You would need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID.

Use the link below to remove items from iCloud Storage. Make sure you have full resolution photos on the phone and turn off syncing before deleting any photos from iCloud.

Manage your iCloud storage

I want to delete my account just to empty my 5Gb free storage, then I want to set up my same I’d and account to start using the new 5 Gb free space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.