Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable iTunes wifi sync

Same as the guy in this thread Cannot enable iTunes wifi sync it seems that I cannot enable wi-fi sync on my iPad, even though that setting is ticked in iTunes and if I start syncing over wi-fi from iTunes, it syncs, but on iPad it keeps saying connect to iTunes to enable wi-fi syncing.

I tried everything mentioned in that thread, restarted both mac and iPad. I have an iPhone too and they work both way. I can sync from iPhone or iTunes on my mac and all good.

It's like iPad got stuck on that screen and can't update/get settings from iTunes.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.3.1, 32GB Wi-Fi

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 2:52 AM

First, make sure to update iTunes and macOS, restart everything including Wi-Fi router, connect iPad via USB and disable/enable Wi-Fi sync. After this dissconnect iPad and check if it will sync.

Also, make sure that iPad and Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network with WLAN (not a hotspot) and iPad isn't running a hotspot as well.

If you've already tried these steps in order, make sure to check security software, VPN apps and ad-blockers on both Mac and iPad. In my case, the sync was blocked by an ad-blocker once.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 2:52 AM in response to svkrzn

First, make sure to update iTunes and macOS, restart everything including Wi-Fi router, connect iPad via USB and disable/enable Wi-Fi sync. After this dissconnect iPad and check if it will sync.

Also, make sure that iPad and Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network with WLAN (not a hotspot) and iPad isn't running a hotspot as well.

If you've already tried these steps in order, make sure to check security software, VPN apps and ad-blockers on both Mac and iPad. In my case, the sync was blocked by an ad-blocker once.

Cannot enable iTunes wifi sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.