Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new phone is still linked with my old phone.

i gave my old iPhone to my son. Before doing so I was sure I erased all settings but we are finding our accounts are still linked. my contacts are updated when he updates his, and when he makes changes to Siri my siri changes too. I’ve checked the Apple ID and icloud settings and they are set to my Apple ID so Im not sure what’s happening. We are linked through family sharing but I’m also linked to my other kids and don’t have the same problems.

iPhone 5

Posted on May 25, 2018 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2018 8:26 AM

There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. Also see Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2018 8:26 AM in response to stephaniefromsuccess

There may be some data loss, but you can minimize it. If syncing photos with iCloud, ensure Optimization is turned off in Settings/Your Name/iCloud/Photos. Then make sure full resolution photos are on the device. When signing out of iCloud, if asked whether you want to retain data, choose yes. Messages conversations will be lost if they are addressed to the ID. See the article below for other places that the old ID should be removed. Also see Winston Churchill's response in the below discussion

How to transfer all files from one iCloud account to another

Apple ID email address or password - What to do after you change

My new phone is still linked with my old phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.