Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP - QuickTime Pro 7 Alternative?

Recorded a video DV progressive scan, import to FCP, export as “Quicktime Movie”. Movie quality not the greatest when I view the “.mov”. Then I open up the exported “.mov” in QuickTime Pro 7, use the “Export for Web” feature / Desktop (H.264). BLAMO! - the movie looks amazing, type is sharp, and it has a clear picture. This is what I have been doing for years to put movies onto my site and onto the web.

As an alternative to QuickTime Pro leaving us, I have tried every kind of Quicktime Conversion export option that I can think of coming out of FCP. Yet nothing measures up to what the QuickTime Pro 7 / “Export for Web” feature did. If I try to export as any kind of MPEG from FCP, it is sharp but gives me interlaced type horizontal lines. I have also de-interlaced, field dominance to none, exported de-interlacing, etc. which only gives me the same output quality that I get with out any Quicktime Conversion. I’ve tried Wondershare conversion to a H.264 mp4. Still not the same quality I had “exporting for the web” from QuickTime Pro 7. I miss my QuickTime Pro.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know what the formula QuickTime Pro 7 was using in their “export for web” feature? Please Help.

I have two Desktops, one running OSX 10.8.5 with FCP 7, and one running High Sierra 10.13.4. with FCPx & iMovie.

Mac Pro

Posted on May 25, 2018 10:38 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

FCP - QuickTime Pro 7 Alternative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.