Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari for Mavericks

Please explain what a specific MacBook Pro (originally shipped with, and currently using Mavericks) should now be running and why. The latest version of Safari for Mavericks is becoming more unsupported by some sites lately. Machine is working great and I see no necessity for changing anything just to make other people happy.

PowerBook G4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 120 G. HD, 1 g. ram, superdrive

Posted on May 25, 2018 1:00 PM

7 replies

May 26, 2018 12:38 PM in response to alcotaz

My sincere thanks to all. I downloaded Firefox and almost installed it until I read the reviews. Many people are having problems with it freezing their system (many warnings) and it's inability to handle payments to PayPal and Amazon, and I use both. Looks like I am back to square 1. My machine has been absolutely fantastic for 5 years.

May 27, 2018 6:18 AM in response to alcotaz

I use Firefox on every system that I currently have, and have done so for the past 10+ years. I have never had a problem using Paypal or Amazon and it has never “frozen“ my system. This includes use with OS versions going back, to the best of my recollection, to OS X Tiger, and many different Mac models. Go ahead and install it and try it out. Not sure where you read these reviews, but take them with a grain of salt. They probably indicate PEBKAC situations (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

I don’t install a ton of extensions, typically just stuff like Privacy Badger and Evernote Web Clipper.

Safari for Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.