Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio to midi recording order?

Hi folks, I am using Garageband and thinking seriously of upgrading to LogicPro. The main reason is that when I record from a midi keyboard there is not automatic output to midi files, which I need for importing and scoring in Finale. How does this process work in LogicPro? Seamlessly I hope?

Jeff

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), 2013 6 Core

Posted on May 25, 2018 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2018 11:43 AM

Yes you can import or export Midi in Logic pro in both format 0/format 1 - There is also a musicxml export from Logic - all of which can be read by Finale- I am also a Finale user - although I switched to logic for all scoring needs and do everything there. I have been able to produce virtually every kind of score in Logic pro - learning curve is a little harder - one software for everything - which makes it very nice. Also the best real-time transcription of notation on the market in my opinion. Again - you have to fully understand it and there is a learning curve but once you do.... It notes triplets, sixteenth, bass and treble clefs concurrently - I am rambling.. sorry. YES to your question 🙂

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2018 11:43 AM in response to Jefferis Peterson

Yes you can import or export Midi in Logic pro in both format 0/format 1 - There is also a musicxml export from Logic - all of which can be read by Finale- I am also a Finale user - although I switched to logic for all scoring needs and do everything there. I have been able to produce virtually every kind of score in Logic pro - learning curve is a little harder - one software for everything - which makes it very nice. Also the best real-time transcription of notation on the market in my opinion. Again - you have to fully understand it and there is a learning curve but once you do.... It notes triplets, sixteenth, bass and treble clefs concurrently - I am rambling.. sorry. YES to your question 🙂

audio to midi recording order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.