Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to get swipe up to work on my iphone 7 the same way it does on ipad pro 2017

On my ipad when I swipe up I can see all my open apps; how do I set up my iphone 7 to do this. I don't want to double tap the home button every time I want to close open apps for fear of eventually wearing out the home button. This also shows the control center on ipad as it does on iphone but does not display open apps on iphone. Or is there a way to get Siri to display the open apps?

iPad Wi-Fi

Posted on May 25, 2018 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 8:11 AM

1. The home button on an iPhone 7 is not a physical button, its a touch button set to provide force feedback. As such there's no mechanism beneath it to wear down. You are just tapping on a flat piece.

2. You can tap and hold on the left edge of the screen until an app appears and then drag it towards the center of the screen to bring up the App switcher.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 8:11 AM in response to leftynomore

1. The home button on an iPhone 7 is not a physical button, its a touch button set to provide force feedback. As such there's no mechanism beneath it to wear down. You are just tapping on a flat piece.

2. You can tap and hold on the left edge of the screen until an app appears and then drag it towards the center of the screen to bring up the App switcher.

Is there any way to get swipe up to work on my iphone 7 the same way it does on ipad pro 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.