Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac > photo upload to FB problem

Whenever I try to publish a photo to Facebook directly from Photos, I get the message "Can't connect to the account "Facebook". After I enter my password, I get the message "Unable to verify account name or password." I have used every password I can think of, and even the code number that is sent to my iPhone. This was happening before I upgraded to Sierra, as well. I don't understand!

Posted on May 25, 2018 4:51 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2018 4:58 PM in response to falk20

More detail.

Trying to right-click, share photos from website (using safari) or directly from desktop, Pop up message appears on mac saying "Facebook password required. Enter your password for <my FB account> in Internet Accounts. I hit Continue. Internet Accounts opens, and it wants my FB password. I enter the correct FB password (I can open FB with this password on a webpage). This message appears: "Can't connect to the account 'Facebook.'" "Unable to verify account name or password".

I've google/twitter searched this and others are experiencing the same.

This has not worked: Shutdown/Restart. Uninstall then re-add FB to Internet Accounts. Delete FB from Key Access.

Looking for a solution please.

mac > photo upload to FB problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.