Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my icloud drive say there is not enough disk space when i really have 1.7 TB available (continued)

i recently purchased the 2 TB iCloud drive option and am copying files from an external HDD. The files total about 200GB+ thus far. I am having a nuber of issues with this service and require clarification.

1. the files have been in the uploading status for approx two days and little to no forward progress has transpired in getting them into icloud drive.User uploaded filei have read numerous help articles which have mentioned checking internet connection speed (yeah ok got it). but my logical response to that is i can stream and surf from numerous devices in my house at once with no problem. So basically i feel that the internet speed is not the problem.

2. i have tried to add additional files onto icloud drive and i keep getting a User uploaded file. I have read other help articles which have stated that i need to have enough space available on my local HDD to accomodate the system boot file to be transferred. To me this sounds counterintuitive to the purpose of having an online file service such as icloud drive.

Posted on May 25, 2018 7:46 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 26, 2018 11:20 AM in response to help paso

1. The iCloud upload process is very, very slow. Give the files more time to sync. If you interrupt the process, it will start over at the beginning.

2. iCloud is a syncing system, not an external 'hard drive'. If you delete them on your device, they will delete from iCloud.

For what you want to do, you need a different cloud based solution such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or Flicker.

Why does my icloud drive say there is not enough disk space when i really have 1.7 TB available (continued)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.