Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not syncing between iMac and other devices

I have multiple Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro and an iMac).

I use the same Apple ID everywhere. Everything syncs correctly across all devices but the Notes on my iMac do not sync with the rest.

On my iMac I have only a few old Notes on the iCloud from 2015. When I create a new one on the iMac does not go on other devices. Any other Notes from other devices do not come to iMac either (with the exception of those old ones)

All notes are on iCloud.

I tried signing out of iCloud, deleting everything on the iMac, then signing back in. The bookmarks in Safari get updated, contacts get updated, calendar gets updated, notes not!

I am using Mac OS X Sierra on MacBook Pro and Yosemite on the iMac.

Any idea how to solve this?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

iMac 27" Quad-Core

Posted on May 26, 2018 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:34 AM

See this article iCloud: Upgraded iCloud Notes

If you’re using upgraded iCloud notes, you see them on iCloud.com and your devices with iOS 9 or later and OS X 10.11 or later that use the same iCloud account. If you also have devices with earlier versions of iOS or OS X, you don’t see your upgraded iCloud notes on those devices.

See this article also Upgrade your Notes app - Apple Support

Get started

To use the latest Notes features, all you have to do is upgrade.

When you update your device to iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, and open Notes for the first time, you see the option to upgrade. Choose Upgrade Now, then both your notes on your device and your notes on iCloud.com upgrade. And if you sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on your other devices with the latest version of iOS and macOS, any changes you make to a note on one device instantly appear on all your other devices.

Make sure that your notes finish upgrading before you leave the Notes app.

Read this also iCloud: What is iCloud Notes?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2018 11:34 AM in response to Loerincz

See this article iCloud: Upgraded iCloud Notes

If you’re using upgraded iCloud notes, you see them on iCloud.com and your devices with iOS 9 or later and OS X 10.11 or later that use the same iCloud account. If you also have devices with earlier versions of iOS or OS X, you don’t see your upgraded iCloud notes on those devices.

See this article also Upgrade your Notes app - Apple Support

Get started

To use the latest Notes features, all you have to do is upgrade.

When you update your device to iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, and open Notes for the first time, you see the option to upgrade. Choose Upgrade Now, then both your notes on your device and your notes on iCloud.com upgrade. And if you sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on your other devices with the latest version of iOS and macOS, any changes you make to a note on one device instantly appear on all your other devices.

Make sure that your notes finish upgrading before you leave the Notes app.

Read this also iCloud: What is iCloud Notes?

Notes not syncing between iMac and other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.