Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra installation hangs after verification

I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro and have tried twice today to install High Sierra.

Both times it verified it could be installed.

The most recent time I received a notice at 41 minutes left that the installer could not communicate with the server.

Someone posted a reply of updating Firmware and I either installed it or it doesn't apply.

Suggestions?

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on May 26, 2018 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:08 PM

Hi there, arthur148!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with upgrading to High Sierra and the installation hanging after verification and I am happy to help out! First, take a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, check to see if the issue is still happening.
Let me know the results and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 1:08 PM in response to arthur148

Hi there, arthur148!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with upgrading to High Sierra and the installation hanging after verification and I am happy to help out! First, take a look at this article with steps to follow to Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This will perform checks and stop certain software from starting up automatically. Once you are in safe mode, check to see if the issue is still happening.
Let me know the results and take care!

May 28, 2018 7:15 AM in response to AppleJen77

On the next attempt for download, it was successful. I know have an App for installing in Apps. Before I tried the install I used DiskUtility to check and there were no problems. It the tried to install and hung on reboot. Before your response, I tried to install the update for ESET security but it didn't work. I tried Command R during reboot and ran Disk Utility with no problems. I rebooted it and and it had problems so I rebooted again with Command Option P R to clear the P registers. That helped. I am now opening (after Safe Mode and unchecking login items) and will retry the install.

High Sierra installation hangs after verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.