Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced MacCleaner do i need this it keeps popping up not sure if its safe

mac pro

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on May 26, 2018 8:10 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2018 8:12 AM in response to Imblessedtoday

No, Advanced Mac Cleaner is practically malware.

Force Quit Safari ( command + option + esc keys).Then restart Safari holding the Shift key. If you still have problems Empty Caches (Safari menu > Preferences > Privacy > Remove all website data. (This will also remove history if you do not want to remove History open Safari Preferences > Advanced and check mark “Show Develop Menu” then choose “Empty Caches” from Develop Menu ).

Then go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and check there. If there is an extension delete it.

If the problem persists then download and run Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes was developed by one of our own colleagues here in ASC and is about the most proven anti-malware software for Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.