Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get rid of Advance Mac Cleaner! Help!!

I don't know how or when, but today my Webroot SecureAnywhere detected 8 threats that can't be removed, and they all seem to involve Advance Mac Cleaner. The only problem is that it only appears in my Finder when I searched for Advance Mac Cleaner, not in my Launchpad. It's not showing up in the Activity Monitor either. And when I try to put it in the Trash from my Finder, a message pops up saying that Advance Mac Cleaner can't be moved to the trash because it can't be deleted. What should I do?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 6:22 PM

system preferences > users and groups > log in items -high light and click the - one by one for anything that should not be launching automatically

open finder and look for mac keeper, clean my mac, advanced mac.. and there is a back up one to i forget the name of. trash them.

install malwarebytes for mac and scan

restart and scan again and remove selected

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2018 6:22 PM in response to DC195

system preferences > users and groups > log in items -high light and click the - one by one for anything that should not be launching automatically

open finder and look for mac keeper, clean my mac, advanced mac.. and there is a back up one to i forget the name of. trash them.

install malwarebytes for mac and scan

restart and scan again and remove selected

Can't get rid of Advance Mac Cleaner! Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.