Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to edit multiple items in iTunes 12.7

When I try to edit multiple items, my changes have no effect in 12.7.4.80 on Windows 10

I highlight multiple items (within the same album or across albums), right click and Get Info, make changes (to anything, author, title, media type, etc.), click OK, and the changes take no effect. I can repeat the process and see the unchanged info. Changing a single item works fine.

Same issue described in previous version here: unable to edit multiple items after iTunes 12.6 update

iPhone X, Windows 10

Posted on May 26, 2018 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 9:52 AM

Looks like it wasn't an iTunes issue, but was a common Windows issue around the folder being stuck in "Read Only" mode. I solved it using the advanced security settings described here: Quick Tip: Take ownership of files and folders in Windows - TechRepublic, though my folder was owned by me already. I disabled inheritance of permissions and that seemed to address it somehow.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 9:52 AM in response to awright00

Looks like it wasn't an iTunes issue, but was a common Windows issue around the folder being stuck in "Read Only" mode. I solved it using the advanced security settings described here: Quick Tip: Take ownership of files and folders in Windows - TechRepublic, though my folder was owned by me already. I disabled inheritance of permissions and that seemed to address it somehow.

Unable to edit multiple items in iTunes 12.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.