Question: macbook pro won't wake from sleep
I have a Macbook Pro 15" 2017 and I cannot wake it from sleep in this scenario:
1. Using on battery when closing the lid
2. Plug the Apple supplied power supply to charge it. Waited to hear the hardware ack the power supply with beep
3. Unplug the laptop while the lid is still closed
4. Raised the lid and the Macbook Pro will not wake up
5. Plug the power supply into Macbook Pro while the lid is raised, Macbook pro wakes up
No, I have not tried to reset the SMC yet but this laptop is new and hasn't been used much yet. I will do that but I think something else is failing, hopefully not hardware, which is causing this. My 2010 Macbook Pro never ran into this. The answer should not be reset the SMC every time.
More on #4, I tried all the standard things to wake the laptop in this state. I pressed on the spacebar, pressed on a number of keys, depressed the trackpad, touched the touchID, pressed the touchID, closed the lid and opened it again. Nothing would wake it until I plugged the power supply back in. Anyone else experience this? Any more to add?
MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)