Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Messages Do Not Show on Locked Screen

Hello everyone,

I have an iPhone 6. For several weeks now, my text messages have not been showing on the locked screen. It would give me the aural alert, but whenever I look at the screen--there is nothing. In addition, it does not show on the history. In order to verify if I indeed have any messages, I have had to unlock the phone and open my Messages.

In Notification - Allow Notification

Sounds - Circles

Badge App Icon - Green

Show in Car Play - White

Alerts

Show on Locked Screen - Green

Show in History - Green

Show as Banners - Green AND Persistent

Show Previews - Always (Default)

Repeat Alerts - Twice

I have reset and turned off the phone several times, but to no avail. Any solutions out there will be greatly appreciated? Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3.1, Batter was replaced

Posted on May 26, 2018 2:14 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2018 2:47 PM in response to maxibrute

Your profile indicates "batter[y] was replaced."

Does this apply to the iPhone 6 you are talking about? And if so, was the battery service performed at an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center?

If you had a battery replacement done anywhere else, you had an unauthorized repair performed on your iPhone and Apple would no longer be able to help you with any defects on this device.

Text Messages Do Not Show on Locked Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.