Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebDAV setup on High Sierra

I'm looking for information on how to set up WebDAV on a plain High Sierra Mac mini (OX X 10.13.4). I do not have the server software added. I configured Apache for WebDAV and I can connect and see the folder using WebDAV, but I can not write anything. I see permission errors in Console. But I can not figure out what to do to fix it.

I have a MacBook Pro 10.9.5 I was developing on and set up Apache and WebDAV on it without any problems. I tried all the same setup on 10.13.4 and it does not work. Looks like there have been some directory changes, for example no /usr/var directory.

Over the last few days I have not been able to find anything about WebDAV on High Sierra. Has anyone set up WebDAV with Apache on High Sierra and had it work?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted on May 26, 2018 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2018 8:56 AM

Thank you for the links. I checked them out but they are for wfsctl and I was wanting to get Apache WebDAV working.

I did end up solving my problem. I did this by creating a folder, "/private/etc/apache2/var" and making the owner and group on it "www". Then in my Apache WebDAV config file I pointed the DAV lock database to be in that folder.

DavLockDB /private/etc/apache2/var/DavLock

I also put my password digest file in that folder as well.

I had tried a number of locations for the DAV lock and I had not been able to get it right so I could write files. But this finally did it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2018 8:56 AM in response to jepping

Thank you for the links. I checked them out but they are for wfsctl and I was wanting to get Apache WebDAV working.

I did end up solving my problem. I did this by creating a folder, "/private/etc/apache2/var" and making the owner and group on it "www". Then in my Apache WebDAV config file I pointed the DAV lock database to be in that folder.

DavLockDB /private/etc/apache2/var/DavLock

I also put my password digest file in that folder as well.

I had tried a number of locations for the DAV lock and I had not been able to get it right so I could write files. But this finally did it.

WebDAV setup on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.