Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see the filename for an image on my iPhone?

I was backing up my iPhone images to my computer and got an error that a .mov and .png would not copy over and the message listed the file names.

How can I see File Names for movies and images on my iPhone?

Thank you for your thoughts.

-Valerie

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on May 26, 2018 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 6:28 AM

To view the file names of photos on your iPhone, download an app.

A few apps arePhoto Investigator, Photo Metadata Reader andPhotogene for free, 99 cents and $2.99, respectively.

3 replies

May 27, 2018 6:40 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you so much for these suggestions on how to see the filename for an image on my iPhone!

I'll give one of them a try.

🙂

I'm still not completely sure how to leave the very best feedback on posts. I'm now aware it's important to set the Happy Face icon and I also see the "Helpful" button but I no longer see the "Solved my Issue" button.

I must be clicking items in the wrong order.

I'm sorry for being "green" on this part of Apple Communities. I really want to get this right on my next attempt to leave the very best feedback when someone is taking the time to help me.

-Valerie

May 27, 2018 8:13 AM in response to VL-S

VL-S wrote:

Thank you so much for these suggestions on how to see the filename for an image on my iPhone!

I'll give one of them a try.

🙂

I'm still not completely sure how to leave the very best feedback on posts. I'm now aware it's important to set the Happy Face icon and I also see the "Helpful" button but I no longer see the "Solved my Issue" button.

I must be clicking items in the wrong order.

I'm sorry for being "green" on this part of Apple Communities. I really want to get this right on my next attempt to leave the very best feedback when someone is taking the time to help me.

-Valerie

Seems like you are catching on. The OP is the only one to be able to mark—You get 1 solved, 2 helpful/ per post.

Thanks for using the ASC and good computing VL-S !

How can I see the filename for an image on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.