Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer a file from my iphone to my pc

I really don't understand why this shouldn't be an utterly simple proposition but somehow the apple engineers have made the decision to make it utterly difficult.

1. I have a movie file in my "files" click on files and there is is, I can see the filename, filesize etc.
  2. connect my phone to my pc with the lightning cable. tell the phone to trust the computer
  3. go to windows explorer and select Apple iPhone, select internal storage, there is a folder called DCIM, within that folder is some more folders containing what appears to be my picture files in some kind of random jumbled up order that makes no sense.
  4. use the windows explorer search function to find the file that I can see in "files" on my iPhone
  5. No Items Match Your Search pffffft why on earth not?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 22, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 4:03 AM

Move your files to the Files App. To any Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc)

Then download it wherever you want.

Alternatively, Sync using iTunes. See the pic below. Here you can click and drag to the desired location in your Windows laptop.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2021 4:03 AM in response to Montana Jones

Move your files to the Files App. To any Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud etc)

Then download it wherever you want.

Alternatively, Sync using iTunes. See the pic below. Here you can click and drag to the desired location in your Windows laptop.

May 23, 2021 4:10 AM in response to Montana Jones

3. go to windows explorer and select Apple iPhone, select internal storage, there is a folder called DCIM, within that folder is some more folders containing what appears to be my picture files in some kind of random jumbled up order that makes no sense.

This should help you realize this is not the advocated way to copy files.

see >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iphf2d851b9/ios

May 27, 2021 1:32 AM in response to Montana Jones

Ok, I forgot to mention the reason I'm using the cable is because my connection is ridiculously slow, using any cloud type actions are out of the question. I have given up on itunes, it recognizes my phone but refuses to do anything but show me advertisements to subscribe to apple music, the "sync" button is eternally greyed out, I spent several hours on the phone with apples support some time ago and the lady on the other end gave up, said she can't figure it out, and suggested I needed to purchase an Apple computer.

Transfer a file from my iphone to my pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.