Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you share apps using family sharing with different Apple IDs?

I have an Apple ID question. I just created Apple IDs for my kids since they are getting older and have their own devices. Does this mean they cannot download apps that I have previously purchased? Minecraft was previously on my phone, but I would love for it to be on my son’s phone now. When I went to the App Store, it looked like I needed to pay $6.99 again!

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 26, 2018 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 7:28 AM

Family Share is so that each person can use their own account and share purchases between each other. To download another member's purchases you go to the Purchased section in the App Store app and select that person's id, you don't go to the main part of the store : Share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

That assumes that the member has enabled sharing on their account, and for apps that it's shareable : What types of content can I share with my family using purchase sharing?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 7:28 AM in response to Sloose

Family Share is so that each person can use their own account and share purchases between each other. To download another member's purchases you go to the Purchased section in the App Store app and select that person's id, you don't go to the main part of the store : Share iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

That assumes that the member has enabled sharing on their account, and for apps that it's shareable : What types of content can I share with my family using purchase sharing?

Can you share apps using family sharing with different Apple IDs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.