Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I undo the report spam action I accidentally hit when cleaning up my iMessages?

I’ve hit “report spam” accidentally on nearly all my iMessages in my in box.

1. How do I undo this as these are not spam!

2. Will I still get messages from my contacts even if I reported their message as Soam?

Posted on May 26, 2018 11:18 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 12:25 PM in response to ctrlshiftplay

Hi there, ctrlshiftplay!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see that you've inadvertently reported some iMessages as spam. My understanding is that you'd like to know how to get those messages back, and if this affects your ability to continue receiving messages from these individuals. I'd be happy to help!

The following information from Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support lets you know what happens when you report a message as spam or junk, and addresses future messages:

Report spam or junk in the Messages app

You can report iMessages that look like spam or junk from the Messages app. If you get an iMessage from someone who's not saved in your Contacts, you'll see a Report Junk link under the message. Tap Report Junk, then tap Delete and Report Junk. Messages will forward the sender's information and the message to Apple, as well as delete the message from your device. You can't undo deleting a message.

Reporting junk doesn't block the sender from being able to send another message. If you don't want to receive these messages, you need to block the contact.

To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier.

Even though you cannot undo reporting a message as spam, if you have an iCloud or iTunes backup that contains those messages, you can get them back. Just follow the steps in Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support for whichever method you have backed up with. Restoring a backup will replace all of your data with what was on the phone at the time the backup was created, so new data added since the backup will be removed.

Best.

How do I undo the report spam action I accidentally hit when cleaning up my iMessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.