Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Accounts LinkedIn - problem

Hi,

I have a problem with adding the linkedin account on System Preferences/Internet Accounts.

I add a account and get this message:

User uploaded file

Problem appears in the last few days.

BR,

zvrk159

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 27, 2018 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2018 1:45 PM

I have the exact same problem and I have tried many troubleshooting options that led to no resolve.

I also have issues adding Facebook as it keeps asking for my password again and again and is never truly enabled.

Steps I tried:

1. Delete LinkedIn relevant entries from Keychain access

2. Delete the whole of my Keychain and created from scratch

3. Disable iCloud Keychain sync and enable it again

4. Delete files from Library\Preferences

None worked.

Similar questions

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2018 1:45 PM in response to zvrk159

I have the exact same problem and I have tried many troubleshooting options that led to no resolve.

I also have issues adding Facebook as it keeps asking for my password again and again and is never truly enabled.

Steps I tried:

1. Delete LinkedIn relevant entries from Keychain access

2. Delete the whole of my Keychain and created from scratch

3. Disable iCloud Keychain sync and enable it again

4. Delete files from Library\Preferences

None worked.

Jun 3, 2018 6:02 AM in response to wordsmith.nl

I have the same problem and it started at the end of May. I've read on other boards it could have had something to do with the implementation of GDPR, and the timing is indeed interesting. (see here: macos - Internet Accounts spontaneously forgets passwords and I can't reauthorize them - Ask Different) For me it's in Facebook. I noticed it when i could no longer share photos directly out of the Photo app into FB. I tried deleting Facebook in Internet Accounts (repeatedly). I also deleted all FB-related keychain entries. I tried changing my FB password. Every time I re-add FB in internet accounts it takes my password, but then the notification banners appear at upper right saying I will need to enter my password. I click continue but nothing happens, and the FB Internet Account continues not to work.

I have to believe this is a very heavily used feature on Macbooks, and so I would think Apple would treat the matter with due consideration.

User uploaded file

May 31, 2018 1:50 PM in response to zvrk159

This appears to be happening on all my iCloud connected devices except my iPhone X. I am repeatedly promoted for passwords for both LinkedIn and Facebook on all my devices. I have ensured my passwords are correct by checking them in Keychain Access. I have no difficulty logging in to the services directly via their web interfaces using the same passwords. I am assuming that the new MacOS version that is still in beta will address the problem, but in the meantime, this is extremely annoying.

Jun 7, 2018 3:48 AM in response to JasonAllenCA

I still have the same issue. Just as others described, goes for both LinkedIn and Facebook. All my MacOS Devices. I have also 2FA - but that isn't the issue either. I am running latest MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5 and the popups keep coming up again even thou I checked PW and all that is correct.

I read also others having these issues with no apperent fix macos - Internet Accounts spontaneously forgets passwords and I can't reauthorize them - Ask Different

Not sure where to go with this.

Jun 22, 2018 8:59 AM in response to zvrk159

Last night I installed High Sierra 10.13.6 Beta (17G47b) and today I wanted to finally got around to adding Facebook & a few other internet accounts however Linkedin is showing the same error message that the original zvrk159 made!

Anyone have in luck getting this to work on High Sierra 10.13.6 Beta (17G47b)?

Jun 29, 2018 12:24 PM in response to zvrk159

This issue was persisting with me for both Facebook and LinkedIN for a long time up until today. I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling those accounts under Internet Accounts several times as well as rebooting. Each time I entered my password, it immediately came back with "account could not be verified" and it happened so fast that there's no way it was even trying to connect. A few hours ago, we had a power outage that lasted about an hour. After power was restored, I decided to try adding these accounts once again and it worked! Not sure why, but I was able to sign in to my Facebook and LinkedIn accounts under Internet Accounts again.

Internet Accounts LinkedIn - problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.