Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Another thread) iPod Classic stuck on verifying

hello and thanks for reading and responding. I’m noticing a ton of these threads popping up and I’ve tried almost everything. Last Friday, I synced no problem. This Friday, I’m stuck. I have the latest iTunes and windows 10. Ran it in disk mode, reinstalled iTunes, ran windows repair (no errors), and did the diagnostic retracts 3, reallo 0, pending sectors 0, hours 219, start stop 36038, temp 14c, min 1c, max 51c. I didn’t reformat cause I have 14k songs and am worried that I’ll lose everything. I’m open to any suggestions. The only thing different was a big windows update since my last sync a week ago. Only keep the classic cause of hd space. It just hangs on verifying iPod and iTunes freezes. The iPod will bounce from connecting to syncing as iTunes is frozen. Thanks again

iPhone 7, Windows 10

Posted on May 27, 2018 7:10 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 27, 2018 4:34 PM in response to turingtest2

Ok, wife has a classic too. Running same setup on her laptop. Same win 10, updated iTunes, updated Norton. I synced hers no problem on her laptop. I plugged her classic in my computer (I have so things don‘t auto sync) and hers was recognized no problem. I plugged my classic into her laptop and it hung on verifying. There apparently is an issue with this classic as it synced last Friday, but hangs a week later. What would you suggest at this point? With over 14k songs, I’d hate to wipe and lose everything (with no ability to recover), but what is the point of buying new music if I can’t put it there? (I don’t use my phone for music and it’s 32gb anyway)

(Another thread) iPod Classic stuck on verifying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.