Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot receive iMessages on iPad

My Apple ID is correct and lists my cell phone number. But on my iPad, I go to Settings/Messages/Send and Receive, the telephone number is not listed and there is only an option to Add Email address.

Posted on May 27, 2018 9:51 AM

4 replies

May 28, 2018 7:57 AM in response to markwmsn

When I go into my Apple ID account through appleid.com my cell phone number (in addition to my email address) is listed under "Reachable at". My iPad, cell phone and Mac are all listed in the account. If I try and use my iPad to send/receive messages, I can only do so using my email address. I want to use my cell phone number. But I can't get my cell phone number to appear in my settings/messages/send and receive.

Jun 6, 2018 6:53 AM in response to markwmsn

I am running iOS 11.4 on my cell phone and 9.3.5 on my iPad Mini. Both have the most recent updates. A few days after I installed the 11.4 version on my cell phone, I did receive a notification if I wanted to use my cell phone number for iMessages. I received the same notification on my iPad. So it's working now; however, every few days I receive the same notification and need to "accept".

Cannot receive iMessages on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.