Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer loses connection after a few minutes

What do I need to do to permanently connect my devices to my printer? I recently switched from Centurylink phone and Wifi to Cable One. The Wifi is working fine with my cameras, Alexa devices, and other devices but I cannot seem to keep the connection with my printer. I connect to the network and the printer and AirPrint works fine for about 3-5 minutes then just disconnects. I can reconnect but once again, it disconnects quickly. The printer is a Brother MFC-9130CW. It worked fine before with the same Apple devices I used prior to the switch. I did have to get a new modem with my new internet to be compatible with the VOIP phone system. The modem is an Arris TG862.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:36 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2018 10:21 AM in response to montefromboise

Network Printer Troubleshooting

Ping printer: If you have the printers IP address open Terminal (Applications/Utilities) and at the prompt type: ping {printerIP}. You will get a reply or failure.

If you haven't done so already, try resetting the printing system.

OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system
also Yosemite

Troubleshoot Printing Issues

WiFi Printer to WiFi Network - Connect

Printer loses connection after a few minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.