Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t connect to the account “Facebook.” / Unable to verify account name or password.

I am unable to connect to Facebook using the Facebook integration on the 3 mac computers in my household.User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on May 27, 2018 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 2:26 PM

I've started to see this on BOTH Macbooks (A loaner and my own) recently... IDK what is broken, but I've TURNED FACEBOOK OFF, because it is driving me crazy...

I literally spent the last 90 minutes logging and relogging, receiving SMS messages, creating app passwords, etc. etc.
It's just broken!

Similar questions

15 replies

May 31, 2018 3:52 PM in response to Clique of One

My "real" password is accepted and I get the message "You will receive a text message containing a temporary code. Please use this code instead of your password to sign in." Except it doesn't accept that code. Also, I was sent the same code every time I tried over the last four hours (5 times). I've reported the issue to facebook as well, but they don't respond to individual requests.

User uploaded file

Jun 1, 2018 3:16 PM in response to Mr. Questor

I've heard people have contacted Apple and Facebook for support- and they are blaming each other, which isn't helpful at all. I feel this has something to do with the new European GDPR compliance rules based on the timing, but who knows.
I will say this- wiping the account and deleting everything "Facebook" from the Keychain (older solutions to Facebook login problems) don't work. I've got two MacBook Pros that are screwed up like this now. So far- it hasn't impacted my iDevices.

The new 10.13.5 MacOS release doesn't fix it either. 😟

Jun 26, 2018 10:20 AM in response to sarahfromburntwood

For me it appears to have resolved itself.

But also during that time one of the Macs suffering from the problem had its hard drive replaced, and I also purchased a new one. Both had everything reinstalled/installed from one of two, Time Machine backups. And I'm fairly sure that everything is now back to normal on a third Mac.

There was absolutely no input from me with the Facebook account.

Can’t connect to the account “Facebook.” / Unable to verify account name or password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.