Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessibility Via Text, Please Step Up Apple

As a clinician in the field of psychology as well as a hearing aid user myself, I see the impact of hearing aid use as having effects in bio-psycho-social ways. I use the Oticon OPN and have so far been pleased with the way that the iOS and the Oticon interact, (i.e., calls coming in directly through to my ear, streaming music, digital content), but for Apple to withhold iMessage from hearing aid users in the Accessibility feature is something that simply doesn't make sense.

HA users rely primarily on text in environments where background noise or hearing loss is severe enough that messaging is either more convenient, alleviates misunderstandings, and can help connect family of persons with HA.

Apple: this is not that difficult. We know you can fix the programming to add within the Accessibility menu a sound alert to notify HA users of incoming texts, emails, etc. Stand by your product by standing by your people. Do the right thing.

How and when do you expect to fix this problem?

Posted on May 27, 2018 5:13 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Accessibility Via Text, Please Step Up Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.