Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro 9.7 stuck in DFU mode

Whenever the battery discharges or I turn it off by pressing the power button and then restart, my iPad enters into DFU mode, the power button doesn't work and the screen is black however if I connect to iTunes it says that it is in recovery mode. I have tried restoring it through iTunes, the iPad screen lights up, get a apple logo and a progress bar and it starts restoring, iTunes tells me that the restore was successful and the iPad reboots and I get a black screen again as it enters DFU mode again. Pressing the power button and home button doesn't work, I can't see anything on the screen, though connecting it through the computer tells me that again the iPad is in recovery mode. I have tried like 10 times now.

Can you guys help me ?

Edit: I tried restoring it again with another computer and restore was successful however the same thing happened. But now when I press the power button I get a black screen with battery icon and lightning cable telling me to recharge the iPad. My iPad has been connected to power for more then 24 hours. So I don't know what's happening.

Posted on May 28, 2018 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2018 10:49 AM

Hello, i have problem like you, with iPad 2, nothing help, i read, that this may be caused by bad IC Chip controlling display or bad battery, but i don't find right answer yet.

Also look here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

ipad stuck on apple logo screen

If nothing help, you can make appointment:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2018 10:49 AM in response to Namolmes

Hello, i have problem like you, with iPad 2, nothing help, i read, that this may be caused by bad IC Chip controlling display or bad battery, but i don't find right answer yet.

Also look here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

ipad stuck on apple logo screen

If nothing help, you can make appointment:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad pro 9.7 stuck in DFU mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.