Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

im trying to set up my iphone se but it keeps telling me to "approve the phone" ive tried all i can think of! any help please

Hi,

Ive tried setting up my iphone se, using my icloud address etc. but it keeps telling me i need to "approve the phone" ive tried all i can think off. All suggestions gratefully appreciated

Posted on May 28, 2018 3:50 PM

2 replies

May 28, 2018 3:57 PM in response to carolhd

STEP 1: When you update the iOS, skip "approve the phone" by pushing the button of Cancel. You can retry it later.

STEP 2: Complete the iOS update by following the instruction.

STEP 3: Make sure that your Two-Factor Authentication is ON at this moment by either of the following options: Option A) Read a notification email from Apple. Option B) On your iPhone, go to [Settings] --> [iCloud] --> tap your profile of Apple ID --> Password & Security --> Two-Factor Authentication

STEP 4: Turn OFF the Two-Factor Authentication. During this process, you will be required to reset your Apple ID (iTunes & iCloud) password. But no worries, no date will be deleted. If you received the notification email about the Authentication, you will find a link of "turning off the Authentication" in the email.

STEP 5: After completing the Authentication OFF, retry "approve the phone" by going to [Settings] --> the red flag. Without doing anything, your iPhone will be automatically and immediately approved. All set.

You can get the Two-Factor Authentication back ON anytime later if you wish.

Hope this helps.

im trying to set up my iphone se but it keeps telling me to "approve the phone" ive tried all i can think of! any help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.