Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Koogeek homekit accessories 'no response'

I am setting up a home automation system using Koogeek light switches, plugs and light bulbs

My apple 4k is set as the home hub and is connected to the correct networks

On my phone it shows it as connected to home hub on apple TV

I connect the accessory and it works fo a few minutes then goes into 'no response' mode

How can I fix this?

Posted on May 29, 2018 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 3:08 AM

It’s new Koogeek firmware problem.

Here is another topic: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8406156

I’ve wrote Koogeek’s support, they answered some stupid thing like “check your router bla-bla-bla...”.

Need to force them to fix that problem.

So for sure write their support too!

13 replies

Oct 31, 2018 11:50 PM in response to purplethai

Hello!

It happens to me exactly the same, and Koogeek's support tells me exactly the same thing: to change the router. But I refuse, this new one, and it's a pretty expensive Linksys.

Hue works fine, HomeBridge works fine, and I have even an Arduino programmed by me also works well with HomeKit!!!!

I have continued doing tests and I have verified that the Koogeek plugs are still connected to the wifi since they respond to Ping. The problem is that they are not able to stay connected to HomeKit. I repeat, it is not a problem of connection to the wifi but a pure problem of HomeKit.

Koogeek also tells me that I have an Apple TV problem and it does not work well with it...

Also, I turned off my Apple TV and the problems persisted. but even so, the Apple TV is by definition the center of the home automation HomeKit, so if the Koogeek plug is not able to work with it, the problem can only be due to a poor implementation of the HAP (HomeKit accessory protocol) by Koogeek.

For this reason my question is, when will we be able to download a firmware update that corrects this problem?

But I have not had an answer from Koogeek.

I do not think that a device like this is at Apple's level. it may not be worth wearing the "work with HomeKit" logo and Apple should withdraw it, because it is not true, it does not work. and they are cheating us.

May 29, 2018 3:40 PM in response to purplethai

Hello purplethai,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having issues with some of your HomeKit accessories. I’m happy to help.

If you haven’t already, I suggest updating your Apple TV software to the most current version. You can find instructions here:

Update the software on your Apple TV - Apple Support

I also suggest double-checking to make sure that you’ve set them up according to the instructions in this article:

Use the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

It may also help to make sure that they are compatible accessories:

iOS - Home Accessories - Apple

If the above does not help, you’ll want to reach out to Koogeek here:

Oct 10, 2018 2:27 PM in response to mrspd

i just bought a new router from Linksys and i have the same problem. The eve sockets works fine, and Philips hue works fine, but Koogeek sockets must be pluged out, an in again repeatedly to Work.

with my Exibel router everything worked fine. When i changed to my new router, The eve sockets and hue equipment adapted automaticly and worked. The Koogeek switches had to be factory reset to connect, and now they get unresponisive rapidly, even though they light up green as connected.

Oct 29, 2018 1:00 PM in response to purplethai

I also had ‘no response’ problem with my Koogeek light switches. Maximal uptime I had was 24 hours. I tried different WiFi configurations including those that advised by Koogeek support team with no result. The problem was fully fixed by WiFi router replacement. The switches have been woking well for more than 1 month.

Oct 31, 2018 5:28 AM in response to skl.krd

I deleted the Koogeek strip from the home app and tried to add it again, but it informed me it wasn’t compatible with my network. I switched my phones connection from the 5ghz to the 2,4ghz network, tried again and now it’s working again! Enabling both channels seems like a cheaper option compared to hit-and-miss buying new routers until I find something compatible.

Hope this helps others, and you found a solution to your problem.

Nov 1, 2018 5:53 AM in response to kimfromnotteroy

What model of extender is it? I have four plugs distributed at home, at different distances, and one of them at only 30 cm. As I said the problem in my case is not wifi, but the plug. when it loses the connection (even momentarily) it does not know how to reconnect to HomeKit. to wifi if it reconnects, but not to HomeKit. We can not depend on the Wi-Fi connection being 100% on without micro-cuts.

Nov 1, 2018 6:57 AM in response to KameHouse

Hi again.

It is a Netgear 1900 i think. The problem isn't the distance, but that Linksys and others have problems staying connected. with Koogeek.The Netgear holds on to the Koogeek equipment without any problems.

The Netgear creates its own Network on the 2.4Ghz network with another name than your main network. The Koogeek equipment should then be connected to this new network You log onto the Netgear network with your iphone, then scan the connectioncode, so that koogeek connects to this Netgear net. After this, you go back to your main network with your Iphone.

The Netgear is connected to the main-router, so all traffic to Koogeek goes from the Linksys or witchever router you have, and then through the Netgear and to Koogeek. All other equipment like apple TV and Iphones is connected to the main network directly. This way all equipment is connected to the main router, and koogeek connected to main router via the Netgear extender.

Nov 30, 2018 2:23 AM in response to purplethai

Hi, I have been using Koogeek switches for about 10 months . Most of the time ( sometime for several months) the units work correctly, but suddenly they loose connection with homekit. What I would like to know is : has the Netgear implementation solved your problem permanently, so that connection was never lost again since the implementation, or was it just a lucky shot, and at some moment connection was still lost again?

Nov 30, 2018 2:26 AM in response to kimfromnotteroy

Hi, kimfromnotteroy

I have been using Koogeek switches for about 10 months . Most of the time ( sometime for several months) the units work correctly, but suddenly they loose connection with homekit. What I would like to know is : has the Netgear implementation solved your problem permanently, so that connection was never lost again since the implementation, or was it just a lucky shot, and at some moment connection was still lost again?

Koogeek homekit accessories 'no response'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.