Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Electric tingling and shocks from all my apple devices

Hello!

I read through some posts here from people experiencing the same issues, but mostly from either a just macbook pro or an ipad. Many users stated that it's not normal, and suggested to bring the devices to apple.

I however have both a 2013 macbook pro, ipad mini 2 and an iphone 6s. I get an electric tingling-sensation whenever I touch any one of my charging devices on my skin. Whenever my macbook is charging, I have to be very careful not to touch the edges with my wrists, because I instantly get a mild but unpleasant electric shock. Whenever any two devices are charging, I try not to touch both simultaneously, because that also leads to electric shocks. By the way I am using the standard apple chargers for all my devices and this issue occures to me everywhere, in various countries.

People around me have never experienced the same issues, hovewer when I'm holding one of my charging devices and then my boyfriend touches me, he can feel the electricity in his fingers on my skin. Another problem I always experience is with headphones (and I've tried all kinds - apple, cheap, expensive) that in winter, as soon as it's cold outside, I can't listen to music because I get frequent, quite painful electric shocks into my ear when walking outside. Noone I've spoken to about this had similar experiences or could offer an explanation.

TLDR - What I want to say with this is, that I don't believe that for people experiencing the same problem, their devices are faulty. In fact it seems like there are some individuals like me who have a very high conductivity in their skin/body.

I have no idea, how it works or why, but it just seems like something we must endure, especially with apple devices.

Posted on May 29, 2018 8:00 AM

4 replies

May 29, 2018 8:13 AM in response to UrbanBeauty

UrbanBeauty wrote:

TLDR - What I want to say with this is, that I don't believe that for people experiencing the same problem, their devices are faulty. In fact it seems like there are some individuals like me who have a very high conductivity in their skin/body.

I have no idea, how it works or why, but it just seems like something we must endure, especially with apple devices.

The issue is one of grounding. It's a not uncommon issue with Macs.

How to properly ground a MacBook Pro - Ask Different

Electric tingling and shocks from all my apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.