Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay to homepod from iphone woes

If I use airplay to stream music from my iphone to a homepod, what happens when I leave the house? Does the music stop playing? If so, how do I prevent that? I do not want to use the horrendously flaky siri assistant to start music, for many reasons, the primary one being that I don't like the entire house to have to hear the absurd and awkward verbal exchange between myself and the hopelessly inept robot failing to do what I ask. Sonos controller is vastly superior to homepod in this regard. So much better to be able to "control" the music stream "via" my phone, rather than actually "stream" the music "from" my phone.

Posted on May 29, 2018 1:13 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 29, 2018 1:24 PM in response to flehmenlips

flehmenlips wrote:

If I use airplay to stream music from my iphone to a homepod, what happens when I leave the house? Does the music stop playing?

Yes. If your phone is out of range of the speaker it can't stream to it using Airplay.

If so, how do I prevent that?

Because of the way Airplay works, you can't.

Sonos controller is vastly superior to homepod in this regard. So much better to be able to "control" the music stream "via" my phone, rather than actually "stream" the music "from" my phone.

If you purchased the Homepod directly from Apple within the last 14 days, you can return it and get your money back. You can then use that money to purchase something that better suits your needs.

You can also let Apple know how you feel here.

Product Feedback - Apple

Airplay to homepod from iphone woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.