Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Sign Into iTunes Account (Error Code: 0x80090302 )

Hi guys!

I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who has ever gotten this weird message when trying to sign into iTunes with their Apple ID:

iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. An unknown error occurred 0x80090302.

This has never happened to me and the only thing that I've done differently on iTunes is back up my iPhone to this laptop. I am having a hard time finding this exact same error code anywhere on the

User uploaded file

Windows Vista

Posted on May 30, 2018 8:26 AM

45 replies

May 31, 2018 6:27 AM in response to Mehh.g

I'm having the same issues as well, I'm on Windows 10. Since my phone is having issues with signing in, and downloading stuff I have been having to use iTunes on my computer to sync things manually to my phone and today I deleted discord on my phone for being buggy and of course, I had "Require Password" on free things, when I thought you could redownload an app you already downloaded without a password but anyways, I tried to sign in and search up discord on the iTunes store on the computer and I get cannot connect to iTunes 0x80090302. My internet is fine and I'm able to run everything at high speeds but I can't access the store, I even tried my VPN service just to see if it was my IP and still no results. So I'm hoping that they come out with something soon, I was surprised to come on and find a post about this on the same day I've been having the issues.User uploaded file

May 30, 2018 1:41 PM in response to skwcrj

My iTunes 12.6.2.20 on Windows 10 also stopped connecting to app store. I've installed the business version of iTunes 12.6.4.3 in a Windows 7 virtual machine and it connect to the app store. I do not want to go to 12.7 and lose the features. 12.6.4.3 retains those features. You can get it here: Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support

Clark.

May 30, 2018 2:19 PM in response to Mehh.g

Niel is correct, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208104. However this change actually affects old iTunes versions regardless of your operating system, so skwcrj is also correct - but those running Windows XP or my old favorite Vista cannot update their old iTunes versions, so that's that for them. It's surprising that XP and Vista users have still been shopping at the iTunes store knowing that their operating systems were no longer supported by Apple. I might suggest buying mp3 files from Amazon - if only there was still a browser that supports XP or Vista.

May 30, 2018 2:51 PM in response to legionarius

I still own a Vista PC myself, but I no longer use it very much - least of all for web browsing. Apple did post advanced notice, as they always do: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208104. If you ever visited forums where Vista users gather, you would've known about it - and you would also know that Opera 36 hasn't received a security update since August 2016, so you are incorrect in thinking that Opera still supports Vista; and the last security update for Firefox ESR 52 should be coming most any day now.

May 31, 2018 3:47 PM in response to Mehh.g

Mehh.g wrote:

Okay so I've just come across a new iTunes challenge for the day! I open it up, try to sign into my Apple ID, and this is what pops up:

There was a temporary problem completing your request. An unknown error occurred (-45054).

Try again later.

Currently trying to figure out what version iTunes I am running.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

May 30, 2018 1:12 PM in response to Mehh.g

I think that Apple quietly discontinued iTunes store access to older versions of iTunes. I have two PC's with Windows 10 that were updated last weekend with the latest Windows update. I didn't have any issues accessing the iTunes store with iTunes 12.6.3.6 until yesterday. I updated one computer to the latest version of iTunes 12.7.5.9. The iTunes store access is back to normal. The big down side is the loss of managing Apps and Books (PDF's in my case) via iTunes.

May 30, 2018 1:24 PM in response to Mehh.g

I had the same problem and even though I knew it wasn't just me I contacted Apple. They of course said to make sure I had the latest version of iTunes, which I did not. I didn't want to but to satisfy them I updated, and once I did I was able to connect just fine, no more error.

It begs the question did they change something so that you have to have the latest version to be able to connect? That certainly was never the case before. Regardless, I am back up and running.

Seems like you have two choices, you can wait to see if it is an error on their end and will be resolved, or update to the latest version of iTunes now to get back in business.

May 30, 2018 1:28 PM in response to skwcrj

If this is true, this is extremely disappointing. We need to keep older versions of iTunes if we want to manage and back up apps from iPad or iPhone devices on our PC (and not in the cloud). I have no wish to update to the poorly received iTunes 12, especially the newest version which removes features. And so, I can now (like others) not spend my iTunes balance, nor will iTunes update Genius info, download music, or perform any tasks that require a login. Dear Apple - can you please restore these functions?

May 30, 2018 1:34 PM in response to legionarius

An older Windows OS? I guess you feel a company should offer updates to their software being run on older and/or discontinued OSs, not me.

Regardless, my guess is this is an error on Apple's part and while updating iTunes resolves it they will eventually fix it properly. Sounds like unless you want to update your OS so you can update iTunes so you have no choice but to wait to see if that is true.

May 30, 2018 2:37 PM in response to emanuelschreibt

emanuelschreibt wrote:

Thanks for the info. I am curious, why Apple did not automatically updated my old 12.1.3 to the new one, even told me, that "its the most resent version", when i tried to update it...

If you are running Windows XP or Vista, then your old 12.1.3 is the most recent version you can possibly use because those operating systems haven't been supported by Apple for a long time.

May 30, 2018 2:38 PM in response to Marvin Martianul

Well the music you buy from iTunes is DRM free, so you can still use the files regardless, it's not like I'm be locked out of my music collection or anything. It's the fact that we were not notified, so that we could take the initiative, and prepare for the coming of the storm. Like I said previously, I'm a Windows Vista user, and have been using the Opera web browser, which still supports this O.S. (for the time being). I've switched over to Google Play, and will not be returning to Apple in the future.

Can't Sign Into iTunes Account (Error Code: 0x80090302 )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.