Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari trojan - JS/Redirector.NDR trojan

How do I remove the JS/redirector.NDR trojan from the Safari browser. The trojan is not on my computer, but tries to redirect when opening Safari. This does not happen when I use the Chrome browser. Over the past 2 months I have tried to remove without success by clearing the history. My ESET security quarantines the trojan's redirect everytime, however does not offer any solutions to stop it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Jun 1, 2018 10:30 AM

4 replies

Jun 1, 2018 12:56 PM in response to Rlgdesign

Remove ESET according to the developer's instructions.

Please run EtreCheck and post the report here. This is a diagnostic test.

https://etrecheck.com

Click “Free Download” button, open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

Click on the bouncing EtreCheck icon in the Dock.

“Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” .

Paste it into the reply.

Jun 1, 2018 1:25 PM in response to Rlgdesign

Download this program which was written by Thomas Reed, a long time poster. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. There is no reason to leave it installed once troubleshooting is finished. The free version doesn't update itself. If you need it again, you can download it again.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac 10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

I would uninstall ESET. It tends to interfere with the computer's operation while providing minimal to no benefit unless you work with Windows files. Most long time posters recommend not using antivirus software or cleaning software such as CleanMyMac.

ESET Antivirus Un-install

Safari trojan - JS/Redirector.NDR trojan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.