Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally hit “report junk”

I accidentally hit “report junk” on one of my text messages. I do not have this number saved in my contacts. Two questions: is there a way to undo this? Does it prevent the same person‘s future texts from coming through? I’ve already checked my blocked numbers. It was not there. So, essentially, what happens when you hit “report junk”?

Posted on Jun 2, 2018 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 2:59 PM

Hello reneefromchgo,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. Reporting this won't stop you from receiving future messages from that sender. This is explained in this help article: Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Report spam or junk in the Messages app

You can report iMessages that look like spam or junk from the Messages app. If you get an iMessage from someone who's not saved in your Contacts, you'll see a Report Junk link under the message. Tap Report Junk, then tap Delete and Report Junk. Messages will forward the sender's information and the message to Apple, as well as delete the message from your device. You can't undo deleting a message.

Reporting junk doesn't block the sender from being able to send another message. If you don't want to receive these messages, you need to block the contact.

To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier.

Since this isn't one you do not wish to block, I recommend not doing anything as you will receive the next message from the sender as long as you didn't block them. If you did block them, it will be shown in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2018 2:59 PM in response to reneefromchgo

Hello reneefromchgo,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. Reporting this won't stop you from receiving future messages from that sender. This is explained in this help article: Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Report spam or junk in the Messages app

You can report iMessages that look like spam or junk from the Messages app. If you get an iMessage from someone who's not saved in your Contacts, you'll see a Report Junk link under the message. Tap Report Junk, then tap Delete and Report Junk. Messages will forward the sender's information and the message to Apple, as well as delete the message from your device. You can't undo deleting a message.

Reporting junk doesn't block the sender from being able to send another message. If you don't want to receive these messages, you need to block the contact.

To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier.

Since this isn't one you do not wish to block, I recommend not doing anything as you will receive the next message from the sender as long as you didn't block them. If you did block them, it will be shown in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Accidentally hit “report junk”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.