Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud not syncing between macOS und iOS

Hi everyone,

I updated iOS to 11.4 and macOS to 10.13.5. On the Mac I enabled Messages in iCloud in the application’s preferences and initiated a sync using the provided button. Yet still I can not see any signs of messages syncing between my iPhone and my Mac. Deleted messages only delete on one device and remain on the other. The behaviour is exactly like it was with iOS 11.3.x and macOS 10.13.5.

I found this discussion, but in my case the mentioned checkbox was unchecked and it always was unchecked as far as I know. Any ideas what to try next?

Björn

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 10:47 AM

You mentioned Messages/Preferences. Did you enable it on the phone? Have you tried stopping the sync and then starting it again?

Messages in iCloud

3 replies

Jun 3, 2018 11:53 AM in response to Eric Root

Time to feel dumb in 3...2...1...😊

I was under the impression that there is no option and that it is enabled by default on iOS. I was looking at the iCloud preferences on the iPhone, but the Messages entry was not there, so I backed out of the iCloud settings wondering what I’d missed. After I read your reply I went there again. It takes a few seconds for this new iCloud setting to appear! If you’re fast enough like me you’ll miss out on the setting appearing. I have verified this on an iPhone SE, 5s and iPad Air. It took 2-3 seconds on all these devices before Settings/iCloud/Messages would appear among the other iCloud settings.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. It works now as advertised… 🙂

Messages in iCloud not syncing between macOS und iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.