Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.4 battery drain

Hello there.

I am an owner of an iPhone 6s plus and i had installed iOS 10 since last month and honestly i was very happy with it. No problems at all.

I decided to move forward and update the iOS to 11.4. Since then the battery consumption changed a lot. I have my phone charged every few hours and honestly and I can't figure out what's happening. With iOS 10 I had a day battery life.

Is there something I did wrong? Does anyone encounters the same problem? According to the device, my battery health is 84%

Note that the update was made from the device itself

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 7:36 AM

19 replies

Jun 5, 2018 7:41 AM in response to djkokalis

Read this message from Apple regarding an exchange program for iPhone batteries for iPhone 6 and upwards.
Your phone should qualify.

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

For instructions about what to do, visit this link.

https://getsupport.apple.com/

If you go to your local Apple store instead, be sure to make a reservation; there will be many with similar thoughts. In addition it has become known that battery stock is low and many countries are waiting supplies. Because of the enormity of this operation, people will need to be patient.

The offer is available world wide and will continue until at least December 2018.

Jun 6, 2018 6:42 PM in response to seventy one

I too have a 6s and I too am experiencing rapid battery drain since installing 11.4. I believe my iPhone is losing about 10% charge per hour with little or even no usage -- all apps shut down, all remotely related options turned off. I even went through the annoyance of a restore.

But most importantly, I recently had the battery replaced by Apple at the Apple store!!! My battery is two or three months old at most. This is a SOFTWARE BUG, not a hardware issue.

IMO, Apple's software quality has degraded tremendously under Cook's short-sighted profit-focused leadership.

Jun 11, 2018 6:45 AM in response to djkokalis

I was experiencing the same issues on my wife’s 6S and on an iPad Air, but not on my X. It appears to have been a network issue since I was having different behavior on different wifi networks both on and off. After the usual Restart, Hard Restart, disabling most of the location settings, what ended up solving it for me was resetting my network settings under Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Jun 11, 2018 1:13 PM in response to djkokalis

Hello Apple Community,

I've been reading these posts since my own post here and I am seeing a trend appear that is genuinely not true.

Many posters believe the problem is related to 5.0GHz Wi-Fi. Let me tell you that it is NOT related to the 5.0GHz band. My iPhone 6 Plus is used ONLY in my home office. I do NOT have any carrier service activated on the phone. Yes, I use this iPhone purely on Wi-Fi but ONLY 2.4GHz. I have never used this iPhone on anything but 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and yet I have the very same intense battery drain that everyone else has since updating to iOS 11.4 (see my first post in this forum).

I have restored my iPhone with iTunes. I've had Apple Support remotely diagnose my phone with me. Should this be any different than seeing the Genius Bar people?

Good luck!

Jun 13, 2018 3:49 PM in response to djkokalis

it's definitely the update. I just updated my iphone SE to ios 11.4 and the battery instantly started draining very rapidly. My battery health is still at 91%, so it's not a bad battery issue. Prior to the update my phone would last 2 days before needing a full recharge; after the update it wouldn't even last a day. Half would drain overnight without any usage. Try turning off your wifi, this made all the difference for me. Apple should release a fix to the bug because a lot of people are complaining of the same issue.

Jun 22, 2018 5:09 PM in response to Jaeger.

I usually do not apply to posts. However, I wan’t to contribute in helping. I too, recently replaced my iPhone 6s battery earlier in the year. It worked great! After the recent 11.4 update, my battery drops rapidly after getting full charge and my apps suddenly close while I am in them. I tried restarting my phone and that has not worked. After reading the posts, I will try the network reset and possibly not using network. Hopefully, at worst, maybe Apple will have another update to assist or I can try to revert to an older update. Thank you for your posts.

iOS 11.4 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.