Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Battery losing charge after iOS11.4

I have the issue with IOS 11.4 draining my battery. I full charged my battery to 100% at night and in the morning I had 33% left!

No apps running, nothing new installed apart from the iOS update.

I know it is definitely the update as I have 2 IPhone 6s+ phones and the other one hasn’t been updated to the new IOS yet and battery remains charged fully give or take a few percent.

This needs sorted asap Apple as I can’t be running about worried my phone will shut down and its not as easy for me just to plug it in either, not the point!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Jun 5, 2018 12:35 PM in response to derekdel In response to derekdel

Good.

My wife's iP6 normalized its battery behaviour after 24-36 hours. And now everything is going fine.

If it doesn't happen on your device, I would try a fresh re-install of iOS 11.4.

Make a full backup of your iPhone, then reset it to factory settings, and, at the end, set it up as new:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, restore your data from your previously made backup.

Regards

Giulio

Jun 5, 2018 12:35 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 7, 2018 11:24 PM in response to ProustGiulio In response to ProustGiulio

I’m having the same exact problem. Never had a battery issue before. 85% max battery. I was about to roll back to iOS 11.3.1 but Apple stopped signing that version a few hours ago (so annoying!), and now there are no signed versions for my iPhone 6S that don’t kill my battery, just 11.4.

Jun 7, 2018 11:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 7, 2018 11:45 PM in response to artieb78 In response to artieb78

Hi, No it has not resolved the issue of battery losing charge dramatically overnigh, I completely reset my iPhone from ‘new’ last night and its the very same this morning.

There was nothing wrong with my iPhone battery before the update.....Apple what next?

Jun 7, 2018 11:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Jun 8, 2018 12:01 AM in response to derekdel In response to derekdel

Major bummer. Still draining over here too. I read on some other blogs about this issue for iOS 11.4 that disabling WiFi helps. Does it still drain quickly if your WiFi is off? I know that’s not an ideal solution, but maybe it helps get us to the next update, which hopefully resolves this issue. I have not tried disabling WiFi yet to see what kind of impact that has on the battery drain issue.

Jun 8, 2018 12:01 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 8, 2018 12:05 AM in response to derekdel In response to derekdel

The issue you are speaking if must be fixed after a simple restart or reset of your device. Try disabling unwanted apps in settings- general- background app refresh. Otherwise the issue you are speaking is either historical or some issue with the hardware of your phone. Maybe you are using a different charger for your device or somehow you got your hardware damaged. An update from Apple will never cause this. What you are speaking of is actually unbelievable.

Jun 8, 2018 12:05 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 8, 2018 12:09 AM in response to JoshuvaAntonio In response to JoshuvaAntonio

I don’t think it’s so unbelievable for a bug to exist. This happens every update in some capacity.

I read on another thread that the same issue happens to someone immediately after updating to iOS 11.4 and they had just gotten a replacement battery recently, so it is definitely a software issue.

Jun 8, 2018 12:09 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: derekdel

Question: Battery losing charge after iOS11.4