Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery losing charge after iOS11.4

I have the issue with IOS 11.4 draining my battery. I full charged my battery to 100% at night and in the morning I had 33% left!

No apps running, nothing new installed apart from the iOS update.

I know it is definitely the update as I have 2 IPhone 6s+ phones and the other one hasn’t been updated to the new IOS yet and battery remains charged fully give or take a few percent.

This needs sorted asap Apple as I can’t be running about worried my phone will shut down and its not as easy for me just to plug it in either, not the point!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 11:34 AM

23 replies

Jun 5, 2018 12:35 PM in response to derekdel

Good.

My wife's iP6 normalized its battery behaviour after 24-36 hours. And now everything is going fine.

If it doesn't happen on your device, I would try a fresh re-install of iOS 11.4.

Make a full backup of your iPhone, then reset it to factory settings, and, at the end, set it up as new:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

When done, restore your data from your previously made backup.

Regards

Giulio

Jun 8, 2018 12:01 AM in response to derekdel

Major bummer. Still draining over here too. I read on some other blogs about this issue for iOS 11.4 that disabling WiFi helps. Does it still drain quickly if your WiFi is off? I know that’s not an ideal solution, but maybe it helps get us to the next update, which hopefully resolves this issue. I have not tried disabling WiFi yet to see what kind of impact that has on the battery drain issue.

Jun 8, 2018 12:05 AM in response to derekdel

The issue you are speaking if must be fixed after a simple restart or reset of your device. Try disabling unwanted apps in settings- general- background app refresh. Otherwise the issue you are speaking is either historical or some issue with the hardware of your phone. Maybe you are using a different charger for your device or somehow you got your hardware damaged. An update from Apple will never cause this. What you are speaking of is actually unbelievable.

Jul 10, 2018 12:33 AM in response to derekdel

I currently and randomly still experiencing the same problem Apple! Although the double reset worked in the interim it is now back to 30 - 40% charge left over night from 100%. When I say over night I am talking about 8 hrs with no apps running. So I am now left having to charge my iPhone with a portable charger on my way to work. NOT HAPPY APPLE. GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER!!!!!

Battery losing charge after iOS11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.