Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes isn’t working

I just recently bought a MacBook Pro yesterday, and when I try to listen to music, it skips to the next song halfway through the first one. I’ve shut down and restarted my computer, logged out of my iTunes and still nothing is helping.

Posted on Jun 7, 2018 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2018 9:23 AM

Ok ... even though your Mac is new, it may have sat in inventory for a bit prior to your purchase so it may have a macOS update available, in particular, macOS and iTunes.

So, click your Apple menu  top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click System Preferences. In the System Preferences pane select App Store then click Check Now.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2018 9:23 AM in response to AlyssaB2000

Ok ... even though your Mac is new, it may have sat in inventory for a bit prior to your purchase so it may have a macOS update available, in particular, macOS and iTunes.

So, click your Apple menu  top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click System Preferences. In the System Preferences pane select App Store then click Check Now.

iTunes isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.