Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth probleme

When you connect AirPods (or another bluetooth device) starts to slow down the Internet (wi-fi) slows down and badly loads. Repeat on all versions of Mac Os (on windows bootcamp everything is fine)

How is the problem solved?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 11:02 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Jun 12, 2018 8:42 AM in response to андрей97

You have very good signal at -42. You must be very close to your Router. Sometimes the computer can be too close to the Router, and the signal is "so loud" that it is difficult to get the data from it properly. I always suggest about five feet away is good.

In the 2.4GHz band you are using, there are Three clear channels. You already have competition from six neighbors, and if the name 48-3 indicate they are on channel 3, as you are, that could give you problems.

MacBook Pro with Retina Display from 2012 onward have three antennas, and could be using them to give you faster speeds, PROVIDED your Router also had three antennas. You are using the maximum data pattern that TWO antennas can provide. You are also NOT using the 5GHz band, which your Mac is capable of using, and that may indicate your Router can not work on the 5GHz band.

Option-Wi-Fi also shows the Wireless Diagnostics Menu, which can be used to run a background Monitoring process. In addition, its Scan feature can show you what channel each existing device is using:

User uploaded file

(drag and drop on Preview to see larger)

You should consider setting your Router to "automatic" channel selection. When it powers on, it will "sniff" the airwaves for traffic, and move to the least-busy channel.

Bluetooth also competes in the 2.4GHz band, but it does channel-hopping. So Bluetooth competes with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, but does not usually knock it off the air unless it is already overloaded, which yours may be.

You should consider getting a more modern Router, which can either be added to your existing Router, to make a Roaming Network, or replace your existing Router.

User uploaded file

Jun 10, 2018 11:58 AM in response to андрей97

Hello андрей97,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you are having an issue with your Wi-Fi connection when you are using AirPods. I have a couple of support articles that provide information on troubleshooting Wi-Fi connections and checking for Wi-Fi issues. You will want to pay particular attention to interference issues.

How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

and

Check for Wi-Fi issues using your Mac

Further information on what happens as you work through these articles and more info on your Wi-Fi network, like what frequency your Wi-Fi is operating on, i.e. 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz, etc.. would be helpful in further assisting with your issue.

Best regards.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth probleme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.