Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my MacBook Pro freezing during reinstallation of High Sierra?

after installing HS update 10.13.5 my MacBook Pro started crashing (restarting). I decided to reinstall the OSX. After it downloads and restarts to do the installation, the progress bar stops at any from 34 to 17 minuets and goes no further.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 4:46 PM

Try the 10.13.5 Combo Update

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 Combo Update

The Combo Update is a fuller install, as opposed to an incremental "delta" update, so it should overwrite any files that are damaged or missing. It does not matter if you have applied it before. It should preserve all your data and settings but that said you should always have a backup.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2018 4:46 PM in response to wesmore2007

Try the 10.13.5 Combo Update

Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 Combo Update

The Combo Update is a fuller install, as opposed to an incremental "delta" update, so it should overwrite any files that are damaged or missing. It does not matter if you have applied it before. It should preserve all your data and settings but that said you should always have a backup.

Why is my MacBook Pro freezing during reinstallation of High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.