Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Find My Apple Pencil

How can I locate a lost Apple Pencil? Find my pencil app on the ipad says its in the home. Add a sound to indicate/track its specific location

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 9:18 PM

I downloaded the Bluetooth Finder app and found my Apple Pencil. It’s worth the cost

3 replies

Jun 10, 2018 11:37 AM in response to doris729

There is no Find My Pencil App from Apple, so not sure what you are talking about.

The Pencil has no speaker and realistically no place for one, so no way for it to conceivably make a sound.

The best you can do is to use the Bluetooth menu. If it shows the pencil as connected, it means its within a small area close to the iPad. i.e less than around 10 or 15 feet.

So look between cushions in sofas and nearby drawer, etc...

Jun 10, 2018 12:00 PM in response to doris729

Sorry, but you are just going to have to look for it. Not sure what the app you have provides in the way of location information, but Apple does not have any native apps that do that, and in order for the device to play a sound, it would have to have a speaker and the logic to do that based on a internet connection. So, not sure what it is you are asking?

Best,

GB

How to Find My Apple Pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.