Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone (6s Plus) is not supporting overseas network?

Hi

I have Iphone 6s Plus, recently on my trip to overseas i tried using my phone for a sim which i bought there locally with no luck. it cam with message on screen authorisation failed and sim card not supported. Although my phone have had any network lock on to it.

I have to travel overseas again on this coming Friday wondering is there any way to fix this issue?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 10:37 PM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2018 5:07 AM in response to Briansyddall

I suppose it depends on which country it is. Last time I went to the UK to visit family, I called Verizon (my US carrier). They told me it would cost something absurdly expensive to use their services. Instead, I went to The first phone shop I saw at Heathrow selling phones, plans, and SIM cards. I can’t remember now if it was vodaphone or Orange or what but my carrier in the US certainly didn’t have to ‘unlock’ the SIM card. The staff at Vodaphone, knew exactly how to provide service for my stay with clear instructions for putting my Verizon Sim back in before I left. He offered to do it for me as a matter of fact.

My sister who was also coming from the US to visit family, didn’t get a SIM card at the airport . She was told b her carrier that she could use the phone in the UK and she paid quite a bit for that agreement. The problem was that her phone didn’t work the way it was supposed to and she couldn’t use data and couldn’t keep a connection.

My iphone (6s Plus) is not supporting overseas network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.