Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

portraits effect image next day convert a normal photo

Hey All,

I have an iPhone 7 plus when I using portraits camera effect on this phone camera take smoothly and save in picture gallery. but next day when I check the same photo its totally change into the normal photo. 😟

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.3.1, (15E302)

Posted on Jun 11, 2018 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2018 3:27 AM

are you using icloud photo library and syncing to a much older device? I wonder if that device is removing the effect?

It's worth pressing edit on the photo's and seeing if you can turn portrait back on or is that gone? The info should be in the metadata unless the image has been actually edited outside of the iOS ecosystem

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2018 3:27 AM in response to Pvnsoni344

are you using icloud photo library and syncing to a much older device? I wonder if that device is removing the effect?

It's worth pressing edit on the photo's and seeing if you can turn portrait back on or is that gone? The info should be in the metadata unless the image has been actually edited outside of the iOS ecosystem

portraits effect image next day convert a normal photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.