Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB C Multiport adapter - no audio on HDMI

I am using the USB C Multi port adapter. It is HDMI connected to a Cisco DX80 Personal TP used as monitor.

Video works fine. Audio not. No audio HDMI is selectable from prefs panel. With previous macbook 2015 and direct HDMI port, audio was also working fine

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 2:06 AM

Hello @MacUserDb,

I was able to resolve this by updating my dock's drivers which I indicated in my other post (Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR).

Once my drivers were updated, I had to fully restart the Mac and then replug-in the HDMI Cable into the Dock. From there, System Preferences / Sound was then showing the DX80 within the Output section again.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2018 2:06 AM in response to MacUserDb

Hello @MacUserDb,

I was able to resolve this by updating my dock's drivers which I indicated in my other post (Product Drivers, Firmware & Software - IOGEAR).

Once my drivers were updated, I had to fully restart the Mac and then replug-in the HDMI Cable into the Dock. From there, System Preferences / Sound was then showing the DX80 within the Output section again.

Jun 25, 2018 2:05 AM in response to MacUserDb

I have a MacBook Pro 15'' 2016 on macOS High Sierra (v10.13.5)

I had the same problem while connecting to Samsung Smart TV through USB-C Multi Port adapter and HDMI Cable. After many attempts, I figured out that it was the HDMI cable not being well connected to the adapter. I took it out and put it back firmly, and TV showed up as a new Sound Output device.

Hope it helps.

Sebastian

USB C Multiport adapter - no audio on HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.