Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not syncing that I enter

Hello.I have an iPhone 6 iPad Air MacBook Air 2017

the problem is contacts are not working as well as they should b. When I select the contacts app on th dock of my MacBook and enter a new contact it don’t show up on my iPhone nor iPad. But when I open up the iCloud through safari and select contacts tap I can enter a new contact there and it shows up on my iPhone and iPad. Why don’t this method work from the contacts app on my MacBook?.

Also If entering a new contact with iPhone it don’t sync. Been through all the settings on MacBook iPhone and iPad.

Should the contact that I enter in the contacts app on my MacBook show when I go to the iCloud via safari.

any help please. It’s very annoying been like this for a long time and needs sorting.

Thanks David

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 5:18 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 15, 2018 5:29 PM in response to davidfromammanford

Hi, David!

Thanks for bringing your iCloud Contacts question to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your situation, you're trying to get your contacts to sync across devices. By doing this, if you add a contact on your MacBook, it will automatically appear on your iPhone and iPad, and vice versa. You're finding, however, that the contacts are not syncing to or from your MacBook, even though the iOS devices have no trouble syncing with iCloud. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, I would recommend utilizing the steps outlined in Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support . It directly addresses issues with iCloud contacts, and you should start with the "Try these steps first" section, and then move onto the "Mac" section if you still need help.

Have a wonderful day!

Contacts not syncing that I enter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.