Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme Base Station version 7.6.9

After a power outage I had to reset and reinstall my Airport base station. I have no problem connecting to the internet on my Apple devices, but now cannot connect to the internet on non-apple products (Samsung Galaxy and Android phones). They show up as wireless clients in Airport Utility but they cannot connect to the internet. I performed a firmware update when I reinstalled the base station, and have run the diagnostics utility but nothing is working.

Any suggestions?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 5:05 AM

I would downgrade the firmware.. reset to factory and start over.. KRACK is not a big issue on the router.. and the airports definitely suffered with the 7.6.9 firmware for some clients. It is firmware update on the phone that is more important.. if that doesn't work then make very sure your setup is

1. All names are short, no spaces pure alphanumeric. Max length 16 but bonus for <10.

2. Passwords also mixed case and numbers only. Can be longer if you feel the need.

3. Make sure you have valid gateway and DNS values on the phones.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2018 5:05 AM in response to denisefrombay village

I would downgrade the firmware.. reset to factory and start over.. KRACK is not a big issue on the router.. and the airports definitely suffered with the 7.6.9 firmware for some clients. It is firmware update on the phone that is more important.. if that doesn't work then make very sure your setup is

1. All names are short, no spaces pure alphanumeric. Max length 16 but bonus for <10.

2. Passwords also mixed case and numbers only. Can be longer if you feel the need.

3. Make sure you have valid gateway and DNS values on the phones.

Airport Extreme Base Station version 7.6.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.