Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem downloading pre-ordered album

I pre-ordered an album. On its release date, the status pre-ordered next to each song changed to purchased. Whenever that happens, you‘re basically bummed, because you cannot click on these songs to download them. After googling this issue for half an hour, someone suggested the only thing that worked: Search for each song on its own and enter that single song, Apple will then let you buy it. It worked, but despite my pre-order, Apple charged me again for each song. My question is: Could it be that Apple only charges pre-ordered albums once they become available? I have written to them three times about this, but no response. I suspect they just charged me twice. They have done it before. I have proof (screenshot of my library showing I purchased the same song from the same album twice.) They should get their act together.

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows XP

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 1:29 PM

See Pre-order apps, movies, music, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support.

Download a pre-order

When your pre-ordered item becomes available, your order completes and the payment method that you have on file is billed. You'll receive an email letting you know that your pre-order is ready to download. Click or tap the link in the email to download your item.

If you have Automatic Downloads turned on, the item automatically appears in your Purchases. If your items don't download automatically, you can download them from your purchase history.

If you don't see a pre-ordered movie or album that you expect to see, check for available downloads in iTunes on a Mac or PC:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Check For Available Downloads.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2018 1:29 PM in response to Snett111

See Pre-order apps, movies, music, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support.

Download a pre-order

When your pre-ordered item becomes available, your order completes and the payment method that you have on file is billed. You'll receive an email letting you know that your pre-order is ready to download. Click or tap the link in the email to download your item.

If you have Automatic Downloads turned on, the item automatically appears in your Purchases. If your items don't download automatically, you can download them from your purchase history.

If you don't see a pre-ordered movie or album that you expect to see, check for available downloads in iTunes on a Mac or PC:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Check For Available Downloads.

tt2

Jun 17, 2018 7:39 AM in response to Snett111

Could it be that Apple only charges pre-ordered albums once they become available?

Yes, that has always been the case, they cannot charge for unreleased items.

On its release date, the status pre-ordered next to each song changed to purchased. Whenever that happens, you‘re basically bummed, because you cannot click on these songs to download them.

If a song has been paid-for you can download it from the Purchased section e.g. Purchased tab in the iTunes Store app on an iOS device, Account > Purchased menu option on a computer's iTunes.

Problem downloading pre-ordered album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.